Sunday, February 28, 2010

Hospital Central

I can't sleep.
I hate it when I can't sleep, even though I'm dead tired. Last night I only slept like three hours and I wanted to go to sleep early tonight, but it seems like my brain is not ready to shut down just yet. So what the hell, I'll just give you something to do if you're in the same situation and can't sleep either!

I was thinking about Spanish series just now, when talking about Los hombres de Paco. I've seen quite a few (I won't forget to mention them later on, don't worry) and beside the love story of Pepa and Silvia (Los hombres de Paco), the other one (or actually two) that I loved the most was in Hospital Central.
Hospital Central is one of those medical series, which has until now 18 seasons and is still going on. For those of you who love medical series, like me, this one won't disappoint you. But for all of you others who don't, it won't disappoint you either.
The love story starts with the doctor Macarena Fernandez (Patricia Vico), who starts working at the hospital where Esther Garcia (Fatima Baeze) is already head nurse. As usual, Maca is the lesbian one who seduces the straight Esther, until they finally start a relationship. There's the coming out of Esther, several crisis in their relationship, a couple of pregnancies, but most importantly the affair with Vero. The psychiatrist Veronica Sole (Carolina Cerezuela) comes in and starts an affair with Maca, for which Maca is then ready to leave Esther (but then ends up leaving her again and taking Esther back). As much as I hate Vero breaking up the couple Maca-Esther, because of their incredible connection, the hotness of Maca-Vero is just indescribable.
So you see, you have the mix of all you need. There are definitely real and true love stories and there are great kisses and love scenes - All this mixed with the exitement of a hospital and the Spanish lifestyle and you're good to go.



Once again, the series is in Spanish however and we have some very nice YouTubers to thank for their time invested for the subtitles. You'll find good compilations, mostly by entering "Maca-Vero" or "Maca-Esther" rather than just Hospital Central and some of them have English or French subtitles. Another shout-out while I'm at it, the eighteenth season is currently on, and even though Vero is out of the picture, the couple is facing a new kind of drama, so catch up with what you've missed and don't let yourself miss this series!!
For all you sleepy-heads, good night, and for you night-people, enjoy the magic of Maca's relationships!!
Bilarious

No comments:

Post a Comment