Monday, March 8, 2010

About Shoe Day, Oscars and Women's Day

Today, I had a very inspirational day and wanted to write a number of posts about people, series, life and all those other things. But then I noticed that I haven't posted anything for a couple of days and various "special days" have happened, so that I will just talk about those special days and the emotions they bring along:



First of all there was shoe day. Some of you may know the lesbian network "shoe", others don't, but a couple of days ago there was this day devoted to all us closet or out cases. The idea behind the event is that it's sometimes really difficult to recognize a lesbian/bi from the outside and some of us are usually just too shy to talk to someone without knowing for sure. And since we're not all marked by say, green hair or something, this day is to show that we're out there and maybe find out who else around you is going through the same things. So what you had to do, was just put your shoes out the window (attached to something of course, not just throwing them around, that would be simply stupid) and that's it - see if you spot some shoes or if someone spots yours! I of course put mine out, because one of my secret fantasies was that someone would leave a note in my shoes, which of course didn't happen, but nevertheless, I think it's a good idea and I wish you all a belated happy shoe day.
This reminds me that shoe.org is actually a great site, for people all over to join for free and meet people, friends or anything else... you can be out or in the closet, go by your real name or anonymus, put on pictures and blogs and so on. Remember if you do join, Bilarious is my name, and I'm always interested in your story!



Next big event was of course last night... I'm unfortunately not really one of those people that stayed up all night to watch them, but I can at least say I saw the reviews... THE OSCARS!!! If you haven't seen them, shame on you, if you have, what disappointed you? What surprised you? What were you secretely expecting that no one else guessed?



And of course, today! Women's day!! For me this is just one more day to express just how much I love women. But for the rest of the world, I guess this day is to remember who we are and what progress we've made, how we've established ourselves in our own society and we've managed to take control over certain aspects of our lives, that we didn't control before. Let's say it, women haven't always been as emancipated as they are today, and there are still a lot of places where women fight for their rights. To those people, I say we're all with you. We support you and our hearts are with you. To other women, well, happy woman's day, and to my fellow lesbian/bi women, go out and get them!!!

That was all about the special days from me.. Go celebrate, because God knows we deserve it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment