Sunday, March 28, 2010

Sunday mornings

Sunday mornings are something special.
For me, they start with coffee in bed, followed by a calm reading of the TIME just to be sure I know what's going on in the world.
Of course half the times I'm hangover and all the other times I have a workload of things to do, but there are some sundays when you open the window and the weather's not at its best and you don't have that many things to do so you have the morning for yourself... And don't underestimate that morning, because it's a vital part of your week. If you don't get that time for yourself (and your loved one for the lucky ones out there), it's much harder to find out who you are and what you're thinking.
And it's precisely those kind of mornings that I'm having today, so I want to tell you what has made my sunday morning even better than what it was already, but i'll have to start from the beginning.



So it all started out when my best friend told me that I should see a psychologist. She put it in a nice way, saying that "normal people" go to the psychologist too and that I don't have "a problem", but nevertheless, I should go see someone who told me in a nutshell what my problem is in life. Of course in these cases you usually deny the fact that you have a problem, which is what I did, until I realized that there's a reason why a person is your best friend and that is that they know you better than you know yourself sometimes. Anyways, I was on Afterellen one day and I stumbled upon someone called Cathy De Buono.
I suppose the out gay community knows her, because she's an actress and I suppose she must have participated in some gay films, but I had no idea who she was. So I did what I always do when I don't know someone... I search them on YouTube.



What's your problem? That's the name of her show. She does episodes where she interviews gays, gay-friendlies, straights and everything you can imagine and answers letters from Afterellen users with all the possible questions. She's a psychologist and she helps with this show a lot of people who don't have access to a gay community. Every episode she has a new guest and it's a very funny but at the same time interesting show, so I recommend it for your sunday morning. While I'm already recomminding that, I want to do another shout-out to recommend an artist that has been on her show: Ashley Sumner. She was the actress in "And then came Lola", a movie that I'm desperately trying to find on the internet (but without success yet). Most importantly, and I only discovered this on the Cathy De Buono vlogs, she is a painter. And her artwork is actually amazing! So if you do have some money stored away (I'm already saving up for that), go to ashleysumner.com, you won't regret it!

So these are the things that made my day start of well, that me find another piece of myself, because I'll be honest, I do think that each and everyone of us is a puzzle and I envy those people that have already found all they're pieces and put them together, but I'm still far away from that stage. Anyway, start watching "What's your problem" with your cereal bowl and see what a psychologist has to say about your problems, or things you never even considered a problem but might be one... And enjoy your sunday morning!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment