Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Anyone but me

Good afternoon people, bilarious here.
I've decided to talk to you about something I only just discovered a few weeks back. You see, I usually don't watch web series, because I assume that they have a very low budget and that with that little money, nothing good can be done. But once again, I was wrong. Of course web series have it harder: It's harder to be noticed online amongst thousands of other things, rather than on TV where you have your fixed time table, and it's really much harder to produce something with good quality and only a fracture of normal TV series' budget. So the only thing they have left to hold on to, is the quality of their story.



So here is the web series I recommend for you: Anyone but me. I haven't quite figured out what the title means and I admit that the storyline is rather slow, but I like it. The story is about Vivian McMillan (Rachael Hip-Flores), who's in a relationship with Aster (Nicole Pacent), but is forced to move away from NY City because of her dad. The interesting twist begins when she moves to a place where her usually relatively open gayness, becomes more of a closet case. There are other parallel storylines about race, love, friendship - you name it. There are two seasons out, in total something like 14 episodes of 5-15 minutes each. So it's something you can watch when you're working on your computer and you need a small break from everything.
Enjoy,
Bilarious

1 comment:

  1. "Anyone but me" is a great series. Even if I'm 20 years older than Vivian and Aster, I find the story to be very interesting. Their performances are good, very natural. This series is much better that some junk we see on tv. I only wish the episodes were longer!

    ReplyDelete